|Borderers,KOSB GOLF OUTING MAGDALENE FIELDS GOLF CLUB FRIDAY 26 JULY 2019 |
1. The annual all ranks KOSB golf meeting will take place at Magdalene Fields Golf Club, Berwick-upon-Tweed TD15 1NE on Friday 26 July 2019.
2. Format -18 holes Stableford, first tee off time will be 09:00 therefore please arrive in plenty of time for breakfast, briefing and a photograph prior to play. The handicap will be capped at 18 unless you can provide proof with a handicap certificate from your home golf club.
3. Prizes will be awarded as follows
a. Best Stableford Score
b. Best Scratch Score
c. Longest Drive
d. Nearest the pin on all par 3s
e. 2s pot on the day if you want to participate
4. Eligibility KOSB association members of all Ranks and invited guests.
The cost for the day is £35 for those association members but may be slightly more for guests as HHQ have very kindly offset the cost by 20%, this includes green fees, (18 holes) bacon roll and coffee on arrival and high tea at the end of play. If you are bringing a caddie you will need to pay for there meal on the day separately.
5. All payments by internet banking to the following:
Sort code 80-45-94
Account number 11618669
Or if sending a cheque or postal order please make it payable to KOSB Golf and send to my address above.
7. Dress- normal golfing attire on the course and in the club house.
8. This event is being organised to coincide with the Minden weekend activities and it is hoped that we have a good turn out like last year, thank you for supporting this event. One final plea if you know any Borderer’s that like to play please pass the word around not everyone is on the internet or has access to social media, this is a good opportunity to add to the Regimental calendar and can only be a success with maximum participation.
9. If you have any issues please contact (wait out) myself, Telephone: 01968 673763 Mobile: 07854 407281
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Fred Leith at email@example.com mobile 07735 475123.
PRIVATE DAVID PARKER – NOTIFICATION
With regret we inform you of the death on the 1st April of David Parker formerly Mortar Platoon 7 KOSB who was one of the survivors of Arnhem who returned across the river. David was also in the film “Theirs is The Glory” and was one of the cast in the Nissan hut scene near the beginning where they were named as the camera panned down the hut. He was believed to be the last surviving cast member.
CORPORAL WILLIAM KEATINGS – NOTIFICATION
With regret we inform you of the death of Bill Keatings on 29th April.
LANCE CORPORAL RONALD COOK
With regret we inform you of the death of Ronald (Cookie) Cook on 18th of April. Funeral arrangements are 10.00am 9th May at Dumfries crematorium.
COLOUR SERGEANT TERRANCE WESTLUND
With regret we inform you of the death of Terrance (Terry) Westlund who died on Wednesday 1st of May at Blackburn. Funeral details will be posted when known.
REGIMENTAL EVENTS DIARY 2019
Branches, Clubs or Individuals wishing to have events entered in our diary should email details to firstname.lastname@example.org
REGIMENTAL EVENTS DIARY 2019 – as at 01 MAY 2019 – New events and updates are shown in RED
Tuesday 19th – The ashes of Sergeant Bill Speakman VC were interred at Pusan military cemetery, Korea.
Saturday 9th – London & Sothern Counties Branch AGM – 1130 hrs, The Warwick Public House, 25 Warwick Way, Pimlico, London SW1V 1QT – followed by lunch
Wednesday 13th – Lanark Branch AGM
Friday 5th – RRS Officer’s Dinner, Edinburgh
Thursday 25th – Gallipoli Day
Sunday 12th – Gallipoli Service at The Royal Hospital Chelsea (Parade at 10.30 am).
Thursday 16th – London & Southern Counties Branch General Meeting, TA Centre, 95 Horseferry Road, London SW1 at 6.00 pm.
Friday 24th – Regimental Golf Competition.
Sunday 26th – The KOSB Challenge Cup Race, Kelso
Saturday 1st – Colonel’s Rehearsal of Trooping the Colour, Scotland Office, Whitehall. (Arrival recommended between 10 and 10.15 am.) Further details from London & Southern Counties Branch.
Monday 3rd – Friday 7th – Arnhem Battlefield Tour.
Thursday 6th June – Founder’s Day Parade, Royal Hospital, Chelsea
Wednesday 19th – Officers’ Club London Lunch
Friday 26th – Minden Golf Competition
Saturday 27th – Minden Celebration Berwick
Thursday 1st – Minden Day
Thursday 12th – KOSB Malaya and Borneo Veterans Dinner.
Thursday 10th – London & Southern Counties Branch General Meeting, TA Centre, 95 Horseferry Road, London SW1 at 6.00 pm
Saturday 19th – 1KOSB Signal Platoon reunion.
Thursday 7th – Official Opening of the Field of Remembrance, Westminster Abbey – 11.00 am. (Ticket only event; entry before 10.30 am.)
Saturday 9th – Service and Cross Planting, KOSB Regimental plot, Field of Remembrance, Westminster Abbey.
Saturday 9th – London & Southern Counties Branch Autumn Lunch at 12 noon in the Victory Services Club, London.
Sunday 10th – National Remembrance Parade, the Cenotaph, London.
Friday 15th – Cruickshank Dinner, St Boswells.